**********

Friday, July 16, 2010

envelope~ angel tenorio

with a smile she handed me,
a pretty brown envelope,
"read it, and understand every word,
for it will surely help your heart",
she said.

when the envelope reached my hand,
it is as if i received an ice,
it's heavy, utterly heavy,
and cold, achingly cold.

curiosity beckoned me,
open it and see...
so open i did,
and looked in it.

it was just a piece of paper,
and seemed nothing much,
but when i started reading,
life evaded my heart!

i have shunned you a long time ago,
i have started to live my life,
not worrying about you,
in fact, i have almost forgotten about you.

now you've come again,
cunningly took the opportunity
of her good intentions,
you've come to trouble me again...

you've come to bring me pain,
you've come to bring me back my hurting,
you've come to stir my peace...

but i tell you,

yes, i will remember the pain,
i will remember the hurting,
but no, this time...
you won't be able to trouble me,
you won't be able to move me.

so try hard if you must,
but you won't get what you want.

No comments: