**********

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Don't ~ Angelita Tenorio

you've robbed me off of who i am,
that i may not have an identity...

you've taken away my self-worth,
that i may not be able to respect me...

your demeaning words took my sight,
that i may not see the road to life...

your insecurity bounded my feet,
that i may not be able to walk to the light...

you tell me,
you think of me, do you?

you tell me you love me,
really?

don't try to fool me,
you can't...

i have a mind of my own,
i am no stupid at all...

i see what you wanted to happen,
i see what you wanted to make of me...

don't....

you're only making me hate you,
you're only making me resent you..

don't hold me back...

from who i am,
from what i am....

don't hold me back...

from walking my life,
from living life...

let go of me, let me be,
as life define my being to be...

don't...
make me wish for a life without you.

No comments: